PhD. Information Technology Engineering
Faculty of Computer Science and Engineering
Shahid Beheshti University Tehran, Iran
- Marital Status: Single
- Nationality: Iranian
- Date of Birth: Sep 07th, 1987
- Gender: Male
- Address: T2-016, Lero, Tierney Building, University of Limerick, Limerick, Ireland
- Email(s): a_farahani@ sbu.ac.ir , email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website(s): http://students.sbu.ac.ir/a_farahani/ , http://www.alifarahani.ir
- 2019-Present: Postdoctoral Researcher at Lero, University of Limerick, Limerick, Ireland.
- 2016-2018: Senior Researcher at Parsa Sharif Research Center
- 2016-2017: Senior Researcher at the University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Italy
- 2011-2017: PhD. in IT Engineering, Shahid Beheshti University, Tehran, Iran
Supervisor: Dr. Eslam Nazemi
GPA: 19.14/20 (ranked 1st among 2011 Accepted Students)
Supervisor: Dr. Maghsoud Abbadpour and Dr. Eslam Nazemi1
GPA: 18.48/20 (ranked 1st among 2011 graduates)
GPA: 16.98/20 (ranked in top 10% among 2009 graduates)
- 2002-2005: High school Diploma (Math & Physics), Allame Helli High School(Natinal Organization of Development of Exceptional Talent), Tehran, Iran GPA: 19.42/20 (overall high school GPA)
Work Experiences and Community Activities (After 2014)
- November 2019 – Present: Postdoctoral Researcher at Lero (The Irish Research Center), University of Limerick, Limerick, Ireland.
- May 2018 – November 2019: Senior Software Developer and System Architect – BAM Project – SADAD Information Corp, Tehran, Iran.
- March 2017 – May 2018: System Architect and Researcher at Parsa Sharif Research Center, Tehran, Iran.
- 2017-Present: Lecturer at Shahid Beheshti University.
- 2010-Present: Co-founder and Researcher at Self-star Lab Shahid Beheshti University.
- Jun 2016 – March 2017: Software Architect and Big Data Expert in Performance Improvement Project, Doxee, Modena, Italy. (Java Core Application)
- Jun 2016 – August 2016: Autonomous Driving Project Member, Modena, Italy
- March 2016 – Present: Research Assistant at UNIMORE, Modena, Italy.
- December 2011 – March 2016: SOC Development and Implementation Manager, Amnafzar Gostar Sharif (SOC project for MCI), Tehran, Iran. (Java Core Application)
- December 2013 – March 2014: SOC Development and Implementation Consultant, Sadra, Tehran, Iran.
- November 2013 – December 2015: SOC and CERT project Consultant, Telecommunication Infrastructure Company, Tehran, Iran.
- November 2011 – December 2015: IT Consultant, Shahid Mahdavi Education Complex, Tehran, Iran.
Interesting work and research domain
- Big DATA:
- Storage and retrieval
- Analysis and Business Intelligence based on Data
- System Development
- Performance oriented Software and Algorithm
- Distributed Systems
- Storage and Retrieval
- Computational System
- Network Security
- Event processing and mining
- Attack Pattern Extraction
- Abnormal Behavior Analysis
- Performance Tuning
- JAVA core application
Researches and Publications (after 2014)
- Farahani, Ali; Nazemi, Eslam; Self-adaptation and Self-organization in Intelligent Distributed Systems, International Journal of Information & Communication Technology Research, 2017
- Farahani, Ali; Nazemi, Eslam; OMCM-CAS: Organizational Model and Coordination Mechanism for Self-adaptation and Self-organization in Collective Adaptive Systems, International Journal of Advanced Intelligence Paradigms
- Farahani, Ali; Nazemi, Eslam; Cabri, Giacomo; Capodieci, Nicola; Enabling Autonomic Computing Support for the JADE Agent Platform, Scalable Computing: Practice and Experience 18,1, p 91-131, 2017
- Farahani, Ali; Cabri, Giacomo; Nazemi, Eslam; Self-* properties in collective adaptive systems Proceedings of the 2016 ACM International Joint Conference on Pervasive and Ubiquitous Computing: p1309-1314, 2017
- Farahani, Ali; Nazemi, Eslam; Cabri, Giacomo; A Self-healing Architecture based on RAINBOW for Industrial Usage, Scalable Computing: Practice and Experience, 17, 4, p351-368 ,2016
- Farahani, Ali; Nazemi, Eslam; Cabri, Giacomo; ACE-JADE: Autonomic Computing Enabled JADE, IEEE Foundations and Applications of Self* Systems, SASO, 2016
- Farahani, Ali; Nazemi, Eslam; Cabri, Giacomo; Rafizadeh, Alireza; An evaluation method for Self-Adaptive systems, Systems, Man, and Cybernetics (SMC), 2016
- Rahmanzadeh, Amin; Farahani, Ali; Nazemi, Eslam; A New Organization Model for Self-Organizing Multi Agent Systems Based on Self-Adaptation Features, International Journal of Intelligent Information Systems. Special Issue: Research and Practices in Information Systems and Technologies in Developing Countries, 2014
- Farahani, Ali; Nazemi, Eslam; A Cross Layer Autonomic Enabled Architecture for VANETs, International Jorunal of Computer Networks and Communications Secutiry, 2014
- Sadeghian Hooman, Farahani Ali, Abbaspour Maghsoud, Overhead-controlled contention-based routing for VANETs. International Journal of Communication Networks and Information Security, 2014
- Farahani Ali, Nazemi Eslam. Review of Organizational Models for Self-Organizing Enterprise and Proposing Some Improvements, in Persian, C4ISR Shahid Beheshti University Conferences, 2014
Personal Skills and Competencies
- C/C++ (Expert)( in Unix based operating systems)
- Java (Expert)
Software, Frameworks and Tools:
- Rational Rose
- Sparx Enterprise Architect
- IBM System Architect
- Java IDEs(eclipse for jee, netbeans, intellij idea)
Database Architecture and Tuning of:
- MySQL / MariaDB
- Oracle family DBMS
Software Architecture :
- REST full
- DB as service
- Data/Report Oriented Architecture
- Stream Processing Architecture
Teaching Experiences (after 2014)
- Teacher for Software Architect course in Shahid Beheshti University , spring 2018.
- Teacher for Enterprise Resource Planning course in Shahid Beheshti University , spring 2018.
- Teacher for Enterprise Resource Planning course in Shahid Beheshti University , fall 2017.
- Teacher for Software Engineering course in Shahid Beheshti University , fall 2014.
- Teacher for Advanced Programming course in Shahid Beheshti University , spring 2014.
- Teacher for Computer Graphics course in Shahid Beheshti University , fall 2013.
- Teacher for Web Programming course in Shahid Beheshti University , spring 2013.
- Teacher for Advanced Programming course in Shahid Beheshti University , fall 2012.
- Teacher for Information Technology Introduction course in Shahid Beheshti University , spring 2012.
- Teacher for Network Security course in Elmi Karbordi University, fall 2011.
- Teaching Assistant for Enterprise Resource Planning course in Shahid Beheshti University , fall 2015. (Dr. Nazemi)
- Teaching Assistant for Enterprise Resource Planning course in Shahid Beheshti University , spring 2014. (Dr. Nazemi)